Interested in joining the South Plainfield Rescue Squad? This page with provide you with the information needed in order to join our organization. Your first step in joining the South Plainfield Rescue Squad is to submit a "How to Join" request below for more information. Our membership committee will contact you shortly after submitting the request.
- Applicants currently the age of 17 will join the Cadet Core of the South Plainfield Rescue Squad.
- Applicants over 18 years old will join the adult squad of the rescue squad.
Upon joining, you will be asked to choose a permanent night crew (Monday - Friday & Sunday). You will ride from 7pm-7am for one 12-hour duty night per week and one 12 hour Saturday duty every six weeks.
- New members MUST be pre-certified in Healthcare Provider CPR.
- Upon joining you will have about 3-6 months to successfully enroll in an EMT class.
- All clothing and uniforms are provided for you free of charge. You will be issued squad T-shirts, sweatshirts, BDU pants, and jackets. You will also be issued a dress uniform for special events.
- Most trainings are provided to you free of charge. Some of our trainings are taught at our rescue squad building by certified instructors.
- All members are required to help out at squad functions we have a few times per year. Examples of such are flower sales, building clean up, selling our super 50/50 raffle, and help out at Labor Day festivities (parade and/or fireworks).
- The squad has a monthly meeting on the 2nd Monday of every month at 8pm. Members are required to attend at least 9 out of 12 meetings per year unless excused. Meetings generally run between 30 minutes and 1 hour. Refreshments are served prior to all monthly meetings.
- Upon joining, you will begin riding as an observer or cadet. As you complete more training you will gradually begin helping out with first aid. Please keep in mind that you will never be thrown into a situation that you are not ready for.